Monday 4 January 2010

Softly scented skin

I'm half Irish and thus have the skin tone considered by many to be that of an 'english rose'.  I simply call it pale and blotchy and I'm afraid I am not a fan.   
In the winter months due to general laziness I tend to skip the self tan and with the additional effects of central heating and freezing weather, my poor skin leaves much to be desired.
My usual defence against this is the brilliant Kiehl's Creme de Corps.  Nothing else manages to stave off crepey, itchy, flaky skin so well and I like its custard colour and no-smell smell.  I do not, however, like the stupid pump that means even when there is a good few uses left it gets stuck and won't pump.


I digress.


This weekend a friend of mine gave me some Bamford Organic Moisturising Cream in Chamomile.  I've never used anything from Bamford / Daylesford before as I was a bit skeptical on it being a vanity project and frankly, it's also rather overpriced.


However, I was pleasantly surprised.  For starters it smells *stunning*.  The overwhelming smell is of geranium, which I love love love and the texture is satisfyingly rich and greasy - but in a good way.  I've taken to rubbing it into my legs last thing at night so I go to bed smelling delicious and wake up with nicely smooth skin.
I still use Kiehls in the morning as it sinks in quicker, but when you don't need to get dressed in a rush I'm loving the Bamford.  I'm going to hunt down the bath oils now as, if they smell as good as the cream, I'm going to powerless not to purchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment