Monday 31 May 2010

What's in my make up bag?

I’m a bit of a sucker for make up bag round ups, either to discover new products or to be smug in the knowledge that my bag resembles that of the experts.  So I thought I’d do a quick round up of what’s currently gracing my little gold tabitha pouch.

YSL Touche éclat – yes I know it’s super boring but I’ve tried lots of others and still come back to this one.  The colour is just right and the texture doesn’t settle into creases unless you go a bit overboard with it.  Now and again I dabble with Boots no7 when I’m feeling a bit frugal, which is a good colour, but I find a bit chalkier than touche éclat.  A staple.

Becca mineral bronzing powder in duende – Based on my skin tone I probably should wear a my lighter bronzer than I do, but I think I look better with colour and frankly I’m not interested in being an English rose, thanks.  Bronzer has always troubled me though and much as I like my Becca option at the mo I’m always on the lookout for something better.  Plus points are good not-too-brown-just-enough-red colour, barely any sparkle (despite the rave reviews for Nars Laguna I just can’t get on with that amount of shimmer) and a very fine texture that allows easy build up.  Negative is the mineral element of the powder – I’m on compact no 3 as they have a very annoying habit of cracking easily (although the girls at the Becca counter in Fenwicks are very good at replacing them free of charge when they do crack) 

Stila convertible colour in petunia – discontinued in the UK, I found this is Sephora in Paris a few months back and so snapped it up toute suite!  I’ve used this for years and always go back to it for a fresh faced perk up.  Good for warding off the pale pallor of hangovers.


Bourjois blush in cendre de rose brune – a perfect I’ve-just-been-for-a-romp-in-a-haystack colour that has excellent endurance. 

Blinc mascara in black – I have lash extensions and although I love love love them, I do miss mascara sometimes.  I wear this on my lower lashes and it just doesn’t budge at all (you have to take it off with hot water)  It gives a clean shiny coat and makes my fake lashes look, er, maybe 2% less fake…

Lipstick Queen butterfly ball in trance – I’m trying to get into lip things.  Gloss, colour, matte, shiny things.  This isn’t really a lipstick per say but more of a tinted treatment with some shimmer type thing.  It’s meant to make your teeth whiter (which I tend to disagree with to be honest) but hey ho it’s an easy first step for now.  It’s currently being supported by Korres quince lip butter when I forget I’m meant to an adult who wears lipstick.

L’Oreal super liner in carbon gloss – *sigh*  This sits in my make up bag no doubt dreaming of transforming me into a Zooey Deschanel lookalike.  In reality my impatience and lack of lining skills make me look more Alice Cooper than Alexa Chung.  I long to do a saucy yet nonchalant flicky eye but I just can’t master it.  Nevertheless this stays in my bag just.in.case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment